Discuss Can someone advise what’s going on here please in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bencymru

DIY
Reaction score
Hello,

I am tiling our kitchen and needed to replace some plasterboard near 2 double sockets. The builders were a little enthusiastic with the plaster adhesive, resulting in a large bulge and wonky sockets ?. Anyway, lots of hacking later and I found the setup on the photo. I was expecting one to be a spur off the other but each has a connection from the ring and then wired together. I’m planning to swap the front plates and reposition but I wanted to check if the Wiring seems ok. Thanks

Attachments

• C57E6F4E-E515-4B56-9524-6E68D7942A88.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 2172F42F-9902-4D55-885B-B5EC2290B504.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 71
Thanks for the reply. I figured this might be the case but wasn’t sure if that was standard practice. If I wanted to spur off one of them, would that be an issue? ( we have 3 other spurs in the house with around 18 sockets in total). ?

Thanks for the reply. I figured this might be the case but wasn’t sure if that was standard practice. If I wanted to spur off one of them, would that be an issue? ( we have 3 other spurs in the house with around 18 sockets in total). ?
It's impossible to say if they are safe for spurring off Ben as they need to be tested to see if they are actually part of the ring and not spurs off spurs, also the RCD would need to be tested and your earthing tested before you could safely spur off of them.

Reply to Can someone advise what’s going on here please in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net