Discuss Can someone help me with the electrical installation path in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
So I went to college and got my City & Guilds 2365 level 3 electrical installation diploma, but what do I do next, I know I am meant to look for an apprenticeship but I remember my teacher saying something like you need to apply for an NVQ or some ECS thing, can someone explain the steps AFTER you get your level 3 diploma

Hi Muiz.
Now you've completed your level 3 diploma you'll need to book in for an AM2 which includes a practical, also written exam & once that is completed you'll be on the home stretch where you will have to seek work as an electrician improver/mate/Apprenticeship where you'll complete the NVQ portfolio.
In the mean time it will be worth applying for your ECS card which you'll get as you have your level 3 diploma, this will involve doing a H&S online test. Electrical Labourer - https://www.ecscard.org.uk/card-types/electrotechnical/labourer-ecs-card

Thanks for not giving an ignorant reply, other sites did, but I thought the AM2 was the final step, my teacher said that's a 6 hour practical exam, and how do I train for an AM2 as college finished last year and as a trainee, I forgot some things

Don't worry about forgetting things , it is easy to do that as there is a lot to take in at the early stages . Just keep doing revision to keep it fresh in your mind. When you get back into the practical the necessity of need will bring it back to you.
This career is on going learning , you have to keep at it and learning is progressive .
A local College may be the answer to the AM2. Don't give up or get disheartened now that you have worked to get to this stage.

Thanks, so I need to go for my AM2 now and when I pass that I go for an apprenticeship, is there a guide to the NVQ like what needs to be done, also what is NVQ1, NVQ2 and NVQ3? What are the best guides for learning the AM2, I struggled enough on the 6 hour practical on level 2 this is gonna be hard

No one wants to give you a nasty reply, but I believe you also need sound advice, as well as college which is great you need experience, all the qualifications in the world mean nothing without training on site, I strongly recommend you look around for a mates role whilst training otherwise you will end up really peed off when looking for a sparks job after knock back after knock back, good luck for the future

Another good thing about the local college is that you will be mixing with the local apprentices and trainees , a lot of local information on job opportunities can be found in this way . The canteen was always a good jobcentre.

I agree experience and building the portfolio for the NVQ and then doing the AM2 would be best route. If you can get an apprenticeship, the government will provide a minimum of 95% funding since the change in the levy / coinvestment rates early this year. Employers can’t charge you for training under an apprenticeship either so a provider like JTL would be a good start. Think they have a vacancies list on their website

Reply to Can someone help me with the electrical installation path in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock