Discuss Can someone look at my City & Guilds certificates and tell me where i stand please? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Rob RX-7

Hi Fellas, i would like someone to have a quick look at these and tell me where i stand.

I finished the first year NVQ lv 2
I got to the end of the second year NVq lv 3 but never completed the AM2 test. Did around 2500 hours at college in those 2 years
Got my 16 and 17th edition

Can someone look at my City & Guilds certificates and tell me where i stand please? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Can someone look at my City & Guilds certificates and tell me where i stand please? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I'm applying for a Gold ECS installation Electrician and it states on the website...

Does either of my certificates satisfy this requirements? 'c) NVQ Level3 in Installation and Commissioning Or do i need a certificate that clearly states 'This is to certify that jack the ripper has passed the NVQ level 3? If so, What does that certificate look like? I understand that i also need the health & safety test, but that's not a worry.

I don't want to waste time applying for the card and it getting passed onto a decision board if all i'm going to get back is 'Trainee Electrician' card

I phoned up the ECS hotline, but the woman wasn't that clued up and just said 'Send the application form off and let the board decide. It also states on the PDF application form that an AM2 certificate needs to be provided and past/present company references supplied. Has anyone successfully got their card without references?

Thanks in advance for your time on replying. I feel well and truly stuck in a rut here. They don't make it easy do they

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Can someone look at my City & Guilds certificates and tell me where i stand pleas

Yes I never supplied refferences.
I don't know about your Certificates, though.
Yours have a different wording to my 2360 ones.

Re: Can someone look at my City & Guilds certificates and tell me where i stand pleas

What you have there is the 2360 part 2 & the first part of the part 2 assignments (there were 2 sets of assignments for part 2)

Do you have the part 1 certs to go with them??

Also there should be completion diploma's to go with each part.

You would also need a 17th edition qual & the NVQ L3 in order to gain an 'electrician' grading.

What you have there is the 2360 part 2 & the first part of the part 2 assignments (there were 2 sets of assignments for part 2)

Do you have the part 1 certs to go with them??

Also there should be completion diploma's to go with each part.

You would also need a 17th edition qual & the NVQ L3 in order to gain an 'electrician' grading.

Yes, i have another 6 certificates from the first year including the Electrical Installation Theory part 1 assignments. I've already got the 17th edition, so that's not a problem.

Thanks

Reply to Can someone look at my City & Guilds certificates and tell me where i stand please? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock