Discuss Can someone please clarify installation in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cyberjunction

Hi

In relation to my earlier post, http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...1-please-help-crabtree-starbreaker-board.html

Can some one please clarify for me? Cutting a long story short, I am new to this but fitted 20m of 6mm in plastic conduit externally for a shower, reference method B???

If I am reading it correctly Table 7.1, OSG page 50 , 40Amp Can only be installed by Method C and NOT B. Does This mean I have totally ballsed it up? Surely 6mm calble is allowed in conduit.

Also table 7.2 OSG page 52 tells me Ref B 6mm is max 38A but table 6D1 OSG page 128 says 41A. Shower is 8500w so am just in but wanted to learn why.

Sorry if I am being thick but its my first job and I am stressing !!! I passed Elecsa assesment but have not done much since.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
the conduit is on the outside of the wall, where there brick and block, no cavity insulation. It comes through the roof of the extension and sits on top of insulation. if this makes sense?

and the kw rating of the shower is?????sorry, scrub that just seen it 8.5kw is 36A at manufacturers optimistic rating, so what's the worry 39A or 41A.? bet at full bore it don't pull more than 33A. your install seems fine to me-40A MCB.

Last edited:
Am i getting a dayjavue here ,im sure cyber has post ed this thread before as im getting him a 40 amp RCBO or am i going daft nope not being daft lol sorry cyber should have the RCBO in a couple of days ill send it on to you if you let me know your address

Last edited by a moderator:
was worried when i was checking the installtion before wiring it up ! i know ...... i did use some software that ok'd everything but now going over it manually just out for clarification

and the kw rating of the shower is?????sorry, scrub that just seen it 8.5kw is 36A at manufacturers optimistic rating, so what's the worry 39A or 41A.? bet at full bore it don't pull more than 33A. your install seems fine to me-40A MCB.

thanks the concern i had was the installtion method in the OSG it says clipped direct only - so not sure if I could put it in conduit?

Reply to Can someone please clarify installation in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net