Discuss Can tubular heaters be mounted vertically? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Percyprod

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
As in title, can a tubular heater be mounted vertically? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but it would settle an argument if some one could answer.

As in title, can a tubular heater be mounted vertically? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but it would settle an argument if some one could answer.
Why would mounting a tubular heater be a problem Percyprod? I can't see a problem, in all honesty.

Agree with Pete, but you could just check the instruction leaflet.
It's possible there's a thermostats that might cut off early in some models.

I was wondering as you say if there is a thermostat fitted would it be affected by the top end getting hotter than the bottom, so affecting the temperature it operates at?

If it is oil filled, there is the possibility that the end of the element could be exposed resulting in a possible hot spot and premature failure of the element.

I would suggest you read the manufacturers instructions carefully as they are likely to provide guidance on such matters.

It won’t work effectively. The heat would be higher at the top obviously.
If thermostat at the bottom, the far end of the element could melt before the stat cuts out.
Conversely, stat at the top would cut off before the desired heat was achieved.

I’d be certain the instruction will stat horizontal only

Those are the instructions I have just been perusing.

By the way, avoid Heatstore if you are buying, put two in a large wardrobe with cold outside walls a couple of years ago and have replaced one twice and the other once, the end connections melt.....and no, they are not covered and yes they have a guard

Reply to Can tubular heaters be mounted vertically? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock