Discuss Can voltage transformer and frequency inverter replace frequency converter? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Brqchi

DIY
Reaction score
Hi.

I live in Kurdistan(iraq). I bought these four devices from the United States:

@BLENDER: 120V, 50/60Hz, 12A

@food dehydrator: 115V,50/60Hz,600W

@food dehydrator: 110V, 60Hz, 1500W

@Vacuum sealer: 120V, 60Hz, 1.06A

As you know Iraq's power is 230V-50Hz, So I have to change the voltage and frequency.

Voltage Transformer and Frequency Inverter don’t do this for me Separately.

But Frequency Converter can. But I do not have enough money to buy a FREQUENCY CONVERTER.

Now I have these questions:
Can Voltage Transformer and Frequency Inverter do this together at the same time? (Can I use them at the same time for this)?

You absolutely must convert the voltage, and a transformer will do that.

It is likely that the last two items will run at 50Hz without issue but obviously they will not guarantee that as it is out of specification.

You can convert frequency and voltage in two different steps, so 230 -> 120V then 50 -> 60Hz with transformer first, or 50 -> 60Hz then 230V -> 120V with the frequency change first.

However, I am not sure quite what you mean by "Frequency Inverter" as that could be a variable speed motor drive, etc. Usually though they are 3-phase output to get the most performance from a typical induction motor. Can you tell us what make/model you have?

You absolutely must convert the voltage, and a transformer will do that.

It is likely that the last two items will run at 50Hz without issue but obviously they will not guarantee that as it is out of specification.

You can convert frequency and voltage in two different steps, so 230 -> 120V then 50 -> 60Hz with transformer first, or 50 -> 60Hz then 230V -> 120V with the frequency change first.

However, I am not sure quite what you mean by "Frequency Inverter" as that could be a variable speed motor drive, etc. Usually though they are 3-phase output to get the most performance from a typical induction motor. Can you tell us what make/model you have?
1)Brands:
blender: vitamix
food dehydrator: excalibur
f.d: i don’t know / model: LT-93
vacuum: food saver

2)you say “i can convert frequency and voltage in two different steps”. To do this, how do I connect the converter and the frequency inverter?

3)frequency converter=voltage and frequency converter
frequency inverter=variable frequency drive or variable speed drive

The best option here would be to try and return the items you have bought, and then buy ones which match your supply.

Hello from sunny London. Please would you send me links to the products you have bought so I can read through their specifications and technology.

Just out of interest where are you? - only tell me by region or nearest town or city - so I can look in my atlas of the world. 🙂

Last edited:

Reply to Can voltage transformer and frequency inverter replace frequency converter? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock