Discuss can you recommend a decent quality alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

335-pilot

Hi I am about to instal an alarm system to a 5 bed detached house in a very nice area.
I am considering various options but wondered if anyone had any stories good or bad.

gardtec 595 panel with 6 wireless detectors £209+vat for the kit.

Hi I am about to instal an alarm system to a 5 bed detached house in a very nice area.
I am considering various options but wondered if anyone had any stories good or bad.
Have you ever installed one before?

For me its Texecom all the way, but installers all have their own personal preferences.

Ive done a few wireless systems and added sensors to a hard wired system in extensions and the like but not done a full system. i will be carrying out a fair bit of electrical work so plenty of muck and boards up etc.

For me its Texecom all the way, but installers all have their own personal preferences.

I've been fitting Texecom for 25+ years - Never had any trouble with them .Their PIR's are excellent too.

Well, wired is always better than wireless, and as you are lifting boards ect then for me that’s the route I would be taking. Next up communication for the system as external sounders look good but these days no one cares. Get the system to text/ring the customer.

If you do go for the veritas then make sure its the R8+ as this comes with 8ch output for a speech/text dialer if needed and makes life easier later on:stooge_curly:

You wont be disappointed .If you go for the remotes watch for the tamper springs on the keypads , these sometimes need a little tweeking out to get a good positive click closed. Used to be a bit of a problem in the past, but worth bearing in mind if you get a tamper problem.

Reply to can you recommend a decent quality alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net