Discuss Can you still apply to spark abroad if your Ecs and regs are out of date? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all,

I moved to China 6 years back for my wife’s work. Trades aren’t really a proper thing out here and there is nowhere to requalify and COVID has made it impossible to go home and re sit.
I was wondering if I were to try and get work in another country, say Middle East or Canada, could I still get it with expired Ecs, 17th edition and compex etc?

Hello all,

I moved to China 6 years back for my wife’s work. Trades aren’t really a proper thing out here and there is nowhere to requalify and COVID has made it impossible to go home and re sit.
I was wondering if I were to try and get work in another country, say Middle East or Canada, could I still get it with expired Ecs, 17th edition and compex etc?
You would have to check regional requirements. The states for example offer require Electricians to be licensed and that is a big process itself.

I would recommend dripping an email to whatever country's embassy you want to be an electrician in and ask about requirements, they will be able to direct you to whatever (labour) department will be able to assist you further.

You'd need to contact each country directly as whatever the rules / conditions were before Covid, they will certainly be different now.

I would think you'll get stalled by the Covid rules current at this time in each country.

I'm certain you won't even get into Canada at the moment.

My Son lives and works in the U.S, on a Visa (Green Card pending) and hasn't left the Country since March 2020.
If he does leave he won't be allowed back in.

Reply to Can you still apply to spark abroad if your Ecs and regs are out of date? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net