CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss can you still use the 16th edition? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

12345aob

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I was on a building site last week talking to a group of sparks from different companies and over the tea break they were all discussing the 16th and 17 exam and regulations then one of them said that you can still work to the 16th edition in installations and additions untill 2010!

I thought that you could do work to the 16th if it was designed before the 17th came out? - not to sure now.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are exactly right my friend so ignore them.

T

tony.towa

As Respected Moderator Cirrus said, 16th Edition installations can still be carried out providing that they were designed before 1st July 2008

R

Reg Man

As Respected Moderator Cirrus said, 16th Edition installations can still be carried out providing that they were designed before 1st July 2008
Hey, does that mean you can do a PIR to the 16th if the house was wired (designed) to say the 15th, 14th etc ??????!!!!!!:D

T

tony.towa

If only!

No PIR's are done to current regulations, i.e. 17th Edition and there is specific entry available where the installation was done to a previous regulation. Being realistic, if a cu is split load with the lighting circuits non RCD protected justifying the replacement of the board would take some doing and if we are honest is satisfatory (That's what I've got at home).

A point I am not certain on, and perhaps someone can confirm, I was under the impression there is a timescale on the period during which these "back-dated" designs can be installed. Can anyone confirm if this is the case and if so when this is?

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to can you still use the 16th edition? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom