Discuss Canadian Journeyman Exam in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

ldworks

Hi, ive a job waiting for me in Alberta as a sparky but concerned about journeyman exam. Firstly is it written exam or multi choice? I have 14years of experience of electrics but never touched comms or fire alarm systems, do they include that in the exams? Been told that I have 150 days before I'm put forewarding for the exam. I hate exams and alway prep like no ones business but wanna know a lot more before I even step on Canadian turf. They also gonna send me on a PLC which I once again have no real food knowledge on but there gonna send me on course over there.if anyone with first hand knowledge of this process and exam pls can u tell me.

Thanks

Luke

I'll put this in the 'Non UK' section for you ldworks. Good luck with your Canadian adventure.

Hey Luke how are you getting on with the studying? I am doing some study now for the Red Seal exam, it is not easy, it is a multiple choice exam but set up very tricky to catch you out!! Message me back if you want to chat.

Danny

Do a search on the MTCU Ministry of Trades Colleges and Universitiesb in Alberta email them they will be more than will to give out the correct infoThere are 3 basic electrician qualifications industrial, residential and maintenance they will tell you the requirements for each and you can choose which you want

Reply to Canadian Journeyman Exam in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I am looking for a bit of advice or recommendations on the best path for entering into the industry, especially on the solar...
Replies
Views
Thought this might be of interest and use to anyone looking to undertake the various short training courses. So here is my recent experience -...
Replies
Views
T
Hi - Has anyone taken the City & Guilds 2382-15 Wiring regulations exam recently, my class and myself are taking the exam next month and we are...
Replies
Views
Evening all.. My assessor has at last insisted I take the 17th. He knows that I have the knowledge already as when he questions me I know the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock