• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Candle Led powered art by 5v cord ? in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi I have a led candle with 24 color remote I purchased off eBay. I took apart removed the insides it used 3 aaa batteries 1.5v each . I then took a cell phone charger 5v and attached it ! It worked ! Ant the application I used it on has worked the last 6 years and still works ! I feel safe but I’m making a lot more of these little electrical lights are they safe ???? They will go into 1000$ + art pictures thank you for your time and read be well

Aico 3000 Range

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
Hi I have a led candle with 24 color remote I purchased off eBay. I took apart removed the insides it used 3 aaa batteries 1.5v each . I then took a cell phone charger 5v and attached it ! It worked ! Ant the application I used it on has worked the last 6 years and still works ! I feel safe but I’m making a lot more of these little electrical lights are they safe ???? They will go into 1000$ + art pictures thank you for your time and read be well
@meggherst do like I did and put black tape over the selfie camera, I noticed the same thing

Marvo

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Buying cheap chargers from e-bay is very risky, numerous have been shown to be an electric shock hazard or a fire hazard over the years..... Also there's a chance they will cause damage to the LED's over time. You sound like you got lucky with the one you made but generally I'd advise against it.

Reply to Candle Led powered art by 5v cord ? in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Select the ways in which you gain online business

• MyBuilder.com

• Federation of Master Builders

• CheckaTrade.com

• RatedPeople.com

• TrustaTrader.com

• Which? (TrustedTraders.Which.co.uk)

• MyJobQuote.co.uk

• Yell.com

• Google Paid Advertising

• Own Website with Natural Ranking (SEO'd website)

• Social Media (Facebook Twitter Instagram etc)

• Word of Mouth Only for me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom