Discuss Candy CPC 220 Fridge Freezer Thermostat DIY in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all

My neighbour has a Candy CPC 220 Fridge Freezer thermostat that's on the blink.

I have bought a replacement but I can't figure out how you get to it on the fridge
to do the replacement..

I have been all over this fridge insidfe and out looking for screws or clips or anything
to figure out a way in. Can't find any way in at all.

They wouldn't sell spares that can't be fitted would they? Or would they?

The tstat is in the header above the fridge door. I can't see how
to get in there. I have tried prying but it's as if it was glued at the ends.
CVracked it at one end. It doesn't want to move at all.

Has anyone had any interaction with this particular unit?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20211004_233429.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20211005_180655.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Tstat.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 7
What's the "Reaction score"? Is that the same as views?

Anyway. I have made some headway so I thought I would share this with others who are looking for this information.

I couldn't find this information anywhere on the net so why not leave it here?

Turns out that , unlike the outlined area in the middle of the facia that contains the adjustment knob,
the small outlined areas, one at each end of the facia, are actually covers. They don't look like it at all
because they are such a good fit they look cosmetic.

You get a pick behind them and they pop off to reveal screws that hold the facia on.

You also get access to the screws that hold the hinge on at one end which is good because you
need to remove the upper door before you can get to the facia screw at that end.

POWER OFF before you proceed of course.

So you remove the door hinge screws and the door and hinge comes away easily. It sits
on a pin atop the lower door's upper hinge. So just lift it off and set it aside.

Then you remove the facia screws and the facia comes away exposing the thermostat
which is secured to it via nut. A 14mm box spanner is required to seperate the facia from
the thermostat.

Once you do that you can then get down to the business of replacing it.

Recommend you take a picture of the connections before you pull them off the old
thermostat so you know how they go back.

I can get this part from eSpares and other sources online.

The markings on the original are K59L4135 02-03-1L 97061718B

Some pics attached. They'll come in useful.

Attachments

• IMG_20211009_104053.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211009_105734.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20211009_110055.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211009_084526.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20211009_085101.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
well done, but does it work now?
Don't know yet. The part is on order.
But I've installed a lot of of tstats on fridges and ovens and never had one that didn't work out of the box.
The point of the thread was to figure out the access not particularly about the installation. How to get to it.
There is nothing on the net that I could find and I really looked. I couldn't even find a service manual.
So that's what I've covered here. How to get to it. Answering my own question as it were.

Reply to Candy CPC 220 Fridge Freezer Thermostat DIY in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net