Discuss Can’t access main bond to water pipe..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Can’t access connection of main bond to water pipe due to being (I assume under hardwood flooring) have confirmed continuity by disconnecting the 10mm at Met clamping on and testing with wander lead to copper pipe where it enters out of kitchen floor, but I can’t confirm the condition of the clamp,how would I record this on EIC? Or is just confirming continuity sufficient?
Incidentally the gas meter is at the top of a wall in the middle of the house,can visually see that clamp...

Last edited:
No stop tap anywhere quite common in Portsmouth water is turned off via the mains outside, not behind any cupboards in the kitchen either cos I just changed all them...

Some supplementary bonding bewtween pipes and sink but nothing else,also changed the bathroom and nothing in there either,only a small 2 up 2 down terrace bathroom on back of kitchen style so the only place it can be is under the floor which has been hardwood over,not by me...
Customer now wants the Cu changed as I explained I have to install some rcd protection anyway, so I knew this issue was coming....

Last edited:
Have a look , has the house a utility room?
Depends on the build , it could be in a few places.

Lol same here , did not read your reply in time.

Obviously it doesn’t meet regs and shouldn’t really be noted as a departure...It’s one of those situations where you just have to be practical about things IMO. If you could easily install another bond the do so. If it’s going to cause major disruption to decoration etc to do it, then note on the cert you’ve verified continuity by measurement and note the value you’ve measured....Don’t take your assessor to this job and jobs a goodun :D. In an ideal world it would be sorted but back in the real world I don’t think it’s really a major problem.

Reply to Can’t access main bond to water pipe..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net