Discuss Can't believe it! - Said it was fixed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

Inteificio

Hi,

A few will remember a thread in December where a sparky had done some work at my parents house had done a lousy job.

He had SWA going straight in to the main board unsupported, two strands of the steel were in a terminal block and went to the earth bar. This is two core wire, the sole CPC is two strands of steel, these two strands of steel were the only thing supporting the SWA.

I kicked off and was assured the issue was fixed.

Went back this weekend and this is what I saw.

IMG_20120507_105408.jpg

So what are the thoughts of the forum?

(Going back next weekend with my tester, circuit is off until then.)

Re: Can't fking believe it! - Said it was fixed

He needs a big slap right across the back of the head.

It angers me seeing this, its quicker to gland it off properly rather than mess about with two strands of wire etc.

Whats the banjo doing? Not much by the looks of it.

Hi,

A few will remember a thread in December where a sparky had done some work at my parents house had done a lousy job.

He had SWA going straight in to the main board unsupported, two strands of the steel were in a terminal block and went to the earth bar. This is two core wire, the sole CPC is two strands of steel, these two strands of steel were the only thing supporting the SWA.

I kicked off and was assured the issue was fixed.

Went back this weekend and this is what I saw.

View attachment 12342

So what are the thoughts of the forum?

(Going back next weekend with my tester, circuit is off until then.)

why would a spark get a spark in to do their parents house...i remember the posts,spark goes in your parents house to do work and when he's gone you pull the job apart,because your to busy to do it..didnt belive it then and still dont now..

^^^good question , why arent you doing the elecy work at your own parents house ?

or maybe he lives 100 miles from his parents??? anyway, not just the SWA thats a problem. what about the IP rating of the underside of that box? IP4X, don't think so.

or maybe he lives 100 miles from his parents??? anyway, not just the SWA thats a problem. what about the IP rating of the underside of that box? IP4X, don't think so.

Spot on Tel, the voice of reason! For Gods sake we don't know the whole story so we should not judge! I know we all judge at times but i think Tel has brought us back to our senses!

Spot on Tel, the voice of reason! For Gods sake we don't know the whole story so we should not judge! I know we all judge at times but i think Tel has brought us back to our senses!
for a cat your a bit naive

well anyway...whoever`s done it needs to jack it in.....it isn`t the work of a competent person isn`t this....

Agreed, but my point is not to judge the OP. If you look at the original post it was December when he first looked at job, it is now May when he looked again. This is not someone that lives round the corner from his parents house. We don't know the whole story!

^^^good question , why arent you doing the elecy work at your own parents house ?

1: I have a full time contract
2: I live 90 mins drive away
3: Not part P scheme- I'm employed as an electrical engineer - This is also the probable reason alarm man is being a ****** <---(bleeped so Mods don't complain that I called him a dick). The other reason may be because behind the mask Alarm boy recognizes his own work!
4: Architect arranged all staff
5: Current spark is friend of friend or parents (or something like that)

I did come across and help out for a weekend, but that was more for me to learn more than anything else.

Steady on lads, or the mods will stamp on you.......................

Reply to Can't believe it! - Said it was fixed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net