Discuss Can't find them anywhere?!?!? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Skelton

Fidei Defensor
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Hi guys,

I need a 32A Alto RCBO and I can't seem to find anywhere that sells Alto.

Does anyone know anywhere that sells Alto or a brand that wil fit an Alto CU?

OP
D Skelton

D Skelton

Fidei Defensor
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
It's not CEF coz I'm pretty sure theirs is M2/Proteus, and I've looked thru eddy's product catalogue and they don't seem to stock Alto either :(

OP
D Skelton

D Skelton

Fidei Defensor
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Can't find WF and HX won't open on my computer :(

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
alto is definitely WF. i was in the burslem, stoke-on-trent, branch the other week.

OP
D Skelton

D Skelton

Fidei Defensor
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Just phoned my local branch to be met by some arrogant little twerp who explained that Alto is being replaced by Sector. I asked if she knew if Sector products will fit the old Alto stuff to which she replied "No", so I asked if there was anyone else there who would know and again she just said "No".

I said "Surely you should know whether or not one of your own products fits inside another one of your own products?" and she replied "Should I now?!".

I'm really annoyed now, and thanks to her, they will never see any business from me :)

R

RISElectrical

I think Neweys own range is/was the same as ALTO as they were all part of the same group. Not sure if they still are.

OP
D Skelton

D Skelton

Fidei Defensor
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Just spoken to another branch a couple of miles out, asked the geezer the same question and he was very pleasent and told me exactly what I needed to know :)

Essentially, Alto and Sector are both made by Electrium and represented by WF Senate, They are essentially the same product but called different names so one will fit the other so to speak. Alto is gradually being phased out and Sector will be the only product available but like I said, exactly the same product but rebranded.

Thanks for your help guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 99 72.3%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.7%

Electrician Talk