Discuss Can't get out of engineer mode on galaxy 3-144c panel in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jak1708

Hi all

Someone accidentally hit the panic alarm and so my alarm went off, I entered my managers code to stop the sounder. The keypad then said "manager reset required" so I entered manager code and tried to clear message but it wouldn't work at all, so I entered engineer mode and the message went, however now when I try t exit engineer mode the panel "checks for tampers" and says there is a tamper on number 4 however I now there isn't anything connected to number 4 ?! Only circuits 1-3 are used,

Is there anyway around this ? I can still set the alarm and everything else's is as normal but the panel constantly says "engineer mode" and I can't exit it .

Thanks

Jack

Enter engineering code and press esc key, hopefully you know the code :)

Try 112233 plus enter, is generic code, hope it works!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Ye know how to get out of engineer mode but when i enter the code and press esc the panel displays "checking for tampers" it then says there is a tamper on 0004 and therefore it can't exit engineer mode until the tamper is fixed however I know for a fact there isn't anything wired into 0004,

There is just

Door contact 0001
Pir 0002
PA 0003

Must be a wiring fault or resistor fault.
Check that the terminals are tight, assuming that you have something connected on cct4.

Someone accidentally hit the panic alarm and so my alarm went off, I entered my managers code to stop the sounder. The keypad then said "manager reset required" so I entered manager code and tried to clear message but it wouldn't work at all, so I entered engineer mode and the message went, however now when I try t exit engineer mode the panel "checks for tampers" and says there is a tamper on number 4 however I now there isn't anything connected to number 4 ?! Only circuits 1-3 are used,

Is there anyway around this ? I can still set the alarm and everything else's is as normal but the panel constantly says "engineer mode" and I can't exit it .

Thanks

Jack[/QUOTE]

Hmm, Iam not familiar with this particular panel, but I was wondering if you could just omit that zone, or if the tamper loop link had to be physically present.

Last edited:
Thanks all

I set 0004 as spare but that didn't help it still says there is a tamper on it, I also omitted the circuit again that didn't help, I can only imagine that there is actually something on circuit 4 that is causing the problem I'm so sure that there isn't but it seems the only logical explanation

Reply to Can't get out of engineer mode on galaxy 3-144c panel in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock