Discuss Can't sign in to forum on Firefox or Chrome on OSX in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Edtwozeronine

-
Arms
Reaction score
Posting from my HUDL 2, wondering why the new site won't work on my trusty old Mac Mini. I did the usual sort of thing to try and fix this, cleared the cache, cookies and history but no joy yet.

The site is acting like the sign in button doesn't work, eg the pointer doesn't change into a little cartoon pointing finger like it does with all the other links on the internet. No other forums or other sites seem to have the problem, so wondering if it's server side.

Works ok on iPad and iPhone using Safari.
Works on iPad using Chrome.

Technically those run on iOS not OS X, which is the computer operating system I'm running.

I never got on with Safari so it's probably an outdated version on my machine, where as Firefox only just updated to the latest version.

Time and date are correct and it's not been long since I ran a permissions check, as they can put a machine out of whack.

Randomly decided it's going to work now, although I get an annoying pop-up-blocker message every time a page loads. It's not like I can't see the sponsors adverts all the way down the right hand side of the screen; so I suggest the forum staff get rid of that prompt pronto!

Reply to Can't sign in to forum on Firefox or Chrome on OSX in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock