Discuss Car interior led help please in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

joshua6996

Okay so i recently installed some interior LEDs into my car, they are wired to the interior light so that they fade on with it when the door is opened, i would like to wire them into the headlights as well so that they stay on whenever driving at night... How would i do this in a way that doesn't make the car's built in interior light turn on with the headlights?

This might not be legal, where I am it isn't because having an interior light on whilst driving can reduce you vision at night.

It can be done using 2 x 12v relays to isolate the two inputs to the light.

This might not be legal, where I am it isn't because having an interior light on whilst driving can reduce you vision at night.

Here it is illegal to have the roof mounted interior light on whilst driving however lights on the floor pointed down and red lights especially, reduce glare so they are legal :)

So just put one relay at each input?

And how would I wire the relays into it? Just straight in and out or onto the switch pin?

How come you cant have your interior light on while driving but you can have flamethrowers under the sides of your car to thwart car-jackers!

looks good, marvo, but in my experience most door switches are in the -ve to chassis.

I deleted the drawing already so I can't amend it. I'm not exactly sure what you mean but please feel free to fix it and reattach it.

Reply to Car interior led help please in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net