Discuss caravan electrics! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

johnboyuk

hi all
i want to buy a caravan and rip it out and start from scrach, so i am getting all the info i need before i buy one, now i was looking to buy tv's, heaters and so on but i read that you only get 10amp on sites am i right in thinking thats 2500w?

thanks for any help i will be posting more about this so if am on the wrong bit of forum let me know cheers

Different sites vary. A typical caravan will come with a 16amp plug, but i've connected up mobile homes into pitches that have a 20amp designation, wired direct. Saying that, a lot of mobile homes these days have full installations installed which want a higher demand than my house.

Right if you are touring with your caravan ,then the majority of caravan hookups are 10 amps supplied via a 16 amp socket outlet with RCD / MCB protection , some sites you may even get up to 16 amps , the supplies for these hook up poits are TT and the Pen conductor is connected to an earth Rod ,10 amps is the ammount recommended by the caravan club and what you will pay for on your pitch rental ,the max wattage for this is 2300 so be carefull which heating you use to keep the current low you could use gas heating and cooker and shower ,

thanks nickblake thats just what i was after! i was looking at a 1kw heater around the 100w mark for lights and a tv maybe 200w most (you guys will know more) so that gives me 1.3kw and could always turn off heater to use bigger items does that sound right to you guys

sounds about right to me. static vans can get a heftier supply, but for tourers, work on 10A supply.

Reply to caravan electrics! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net