Discuss Career change pending in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello one and all, and thank you for accepting my registration to your forum.

I am a family man 34 years of age and am in the process of looking at a complete career change whilst I still can practically afford it.

My wife and I have discussed this in depth and I am at a point whereby I can consider starting training asap.

Before I do, I would like to gain some advice in regards to the best course routes in order to get the best foot in the door. I need to remain full time at work to pay the bills whilst I train, so would ideally looking for some at my own pace weekend training. I have looked online as you do and the two companies that stand out for training are access training and trade skills 4 u. I think I have seen some called able skills and XS training too?

I understand that these types of courses come with negative feedback and it’s for that reason I hope to obtain some honest and impartial feedback from trusted and experienced sources such as yourselves!

I have seen that you have a section on your forum for new and potential trainees? I would be very interested in gaining access to this area so that I can speak openly and retain honest advice (without judgement). I am genuinely interested in the electrical trade and am serious about a career in this industry despite my age.

Any feedback or support would be greatly appreciated.

For a person in my position what’s the best option for training?

Thank you for your time and reading.

Aaron

Im sorry i cant help with suitable courses... has been a long time since i sat any course from scratch.
but you can see that XS Training and Trade Skills 4 U are forum sponsors.

If you contact @Dan or @Lou they can organise getting you into the trainee section of the forum.

Reply to Career change pending in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net