Discuss Career Change - To become a electrician in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ajbhatta

Hi All,

Need some genuine advise. I am 35 and want to become a electrician in the long run. I have a wife and a kid. My situation is such that I have to have a full time job. I work shifts so it should be easy for my to attend classes for a start.

1. Is it a viable skill set considering current economic scenarios, considering the future?

2. Which courses should I start with? I am have been told that I need to start with the 17th edition course and their after the Part P from NAPIT. Also wanted to know which one is on the job course? I am looking forward to do it the right way. No shortcuts.

3. What is the average apprenticeship period?

Regards,

AJ

2330 is your starter. about 2-3 years day or evenings at college. then 17th. or you could spend abot £5000 for a 5 week wonder course.

What area are you looking to get into? Domestics? Commercial... Want your own co or go jib and do site work? There's many ways to go about it, just depends on what you want. If you have the time go full spark. In the long run it'll pay off and there'll be more opportunities for you to progress or change sector.

mainly doing domestic jobs, like a having my own set up. So should I start out with a the 17th Edition course. Where do I go to enroll to this course?

for the 17th, just phone your local college. it can be done evenings (12 weeks). cost about £250 including exam.

Reply to Career Change - To become a electrician in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net