Discuss CAREL Thermostat SET problem PLs help. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

moulie18

Hi,
Sorry if I opened the thread in wrong forum.

I am about to use a thermostat for Homemade Incubator and I recently got Carel IR32V1L000 Thermostat with PT100.

There is an instruction, but I cannot set it to work as I want. (which is it should switch the heather off when the temperature increases than 37.5C)

IS there anyone can help me with this issue??
This is the Unit and there is a manual, instruction on the bottom left.

CAREL

And what I am trying to do is, to maintain exact temperature of 37.5C. It should disconnect the heather when it's above 3.5C.

Thanks very much.

Hi moulie :seeya:, As you are probably aware you are trying to use a refrigeration thermostat/controller as a heating controller, this is possible on some IR32 models by setting parameter H1=0 this puts the IR32 into reverse operating mode (heating).:hurray: Normally, when initially powered up the IR32 will be in the refrigeration default setting H1=1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MarkieSparkie,
Thanks for your reply,

Yes, It shows 2 (which is a reverse/inderect mode I suppose.) But the LED for REVERSE MODE is not flashing anymore (even I reset the factory default settings. It was, when I first switched ON).

Also, Whatever temperature I put on ST1 or P1/P25/P26... The heater is not ON at all... :(
I am so disappointed that I cannot Set it right :(

Hi moulie :seeya:, As you are probably aware you are trying to use a refrigeration thermostat/controller as a heating controller, this is possible on some IR32 models by setting parameter H1=0 this puts the IR32 into reverse operating mode (heating).:hurray: Normally, when initially powered up the IR32 will be in the refrigeration default setting H1=1.

I take it your doing the Good Life with your own chickens and if so what is the heat source ie lamp trace heating ? plus you say you are using a PT100 but this is designed for giving a temperature controller a constant feedback this is not a stat. Best thing to do is look up the required forum and enquire how their incubators are built

Reply to CAREL Thermostat SET problem PLs help. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net