Discuss Cat 6 installation in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

euroman

I have found that Cat6 outlets from a major UK manufacturer fail testing with installed cable lengths under 30metres.
Does anyone have a solution please?

When you say failed testing, do you mean you have used a structured cabling certifier? i.e. Sct2000.

I am not familiar with that tester, so do not know what functions it gives you. Does the meter not tell you what it has failed on? (i.e. X talk), and where along its length it has failed (primary or secondary @ X metres)
Are the patch panels and IDCs Cat6? And are both ends punched down to TIA 568(B)?

It all passes cat 5e so it's not a wiring issue. Fails next at cat6. I have now changed out the euro modules for some manufactured by a networking company not an electrical accessory manufacturer and the system passes easily! There is an obvious lesson here! Thanks!

What modules did you end up using and which company did you use? Ill be installing cat6 in my house so any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Phill

I got mine from AX in Horsham, the ones which failed were from (probably) the UK's largest accessory supplier. Hope that helps!

Reply to Cat 6 installation in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock