Discuss CAT S60 mobile phone for electricians - worth it in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just looking at getting a new mobile for work. Has anyone seen the CAT S60?
It looks to be quite a rugged phone which could be quite good. Does anyone know if the flir feature is any good or is it just a gimmick? Thinking about quick fault finding, loose connections in consumer units generating heat for example.

I've got the S60 and the thermal camera is the best feature of the phone.

Downside is, it's massive!

The S61 is out now and looks much much better with some extra features

I have just bought a flir pro for an iphone, the resolution is better on my camera than the Cat s60, it is like a brick and I don't like Android, the flir cam is good especially for things like underfloor heating. Good for hot joints and checking boards also.

Had to finally join the 21st century,and got a S9 ...tried to mitigate against it's odds-on destruction,by getting an Otterbox case and Alpha glass front to match :cool: up to now,it has survived falls,wrestling son,a motocross crash,multiple crush type incidents,rain and a ten year old's blurred thumbs testing...

It could be,that tomorrow is it's funeral,but very impressed up to now :)

I have the S7, about to upgrade to an S9 (or wait for the 10) but this CAT phone is interesting...

Anyone know how they compare in day to day use to a Galaxy/iPhone?

The inbuilt laser measure is appealing. I keep buying and losing the damn things so having it on my phone might help! as for interior air quality measuring... On some of the sites we work on, I really wouldn't want to know...

Reply to CAT S60 mobile phone for electricians - worth it in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have started a business building garden rooms/caravans/mobile homes under the caravan act. We have only done one so far and I got an...
Replies
Views
This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm selling a Cat S60 rugged smartphone with an integrated Flir thermal camera. The phone/thermal camera is in excellent condition and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock