Discuss CCTV / Data / Network Power Supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

Andi Licious

Hi All,

Part of the upgrade of my house involves a lot "comms kit". I have begun to build a node zero under my stairs to house network server / underfloor heating controller / AV system etc. My TV / internet / electric / F&R hot water to UFH manifold all congregate in this little area for distribution around the house.

I have a temporary setup with just the basic internet connection at present running off its own socket and spare 6A MCB I had in the CU but I will be making a permanent final circuit when I am happy with all my ancillaries that I will be connecting in.

I will have socket outlets in convenient places around the wall to feed a rack cabinet for network switch, CCTV power supply, NAS, wireless router & probably a signal booster for the TV aerial. Also on the data / mini ring will be a 5A switched FCU to power the UFH controls.

As this is all under the stairs is it acceptable to mount the T&E cable either directly on the wall or mounted on cable trays that I think I am going to put in to manage the data cables?

I can run it all in SY cable for surface mounting or put trunking in if needs be as it is literally going to be about 5m of cable to bounce a ring around the under stairs, but I dont want to spend money for nothing obviously.

As I mentioned in my last thread that this install will be for my NICEIC inspection. This part of the install may not be in when the inspector comes but if it is I want it to be correct.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Hi,

Sounds like a right tidy set up. As it's your own property I would go with the best install I could do/afford.
I didn't realise the NIC operated as far as Afghanistan ( from your location ), but no doubt they would like to.

Regards.

Ha Ha fair one!

I'm out here on a contract job but my home is in sunny England! I gave a bit of background in the intro forum earlier, basically want to become a domestic installer when I get home from this lovely sandpit!

I just want to make sure that the T&E will be OK mounted on top of the plaster or on top of the cable trays. It is on an RCD by the way as I didnt specify that in my original post.

Reply to CCTV / Data / Network Power Supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock