Discuss ce certificate for led's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

mhar

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking around for gu10 led replacements. Obviously I know that ebay can hardly be described as a recognised distributor but they do have many sellers of and a wide variety of led lights. Apart from the normal worries about buying from such an 'outlet', I am concerned that the lumens figures quoted could well be measured at different distances from the bulb. Would I be correct in assuming that if the bulbs have a certificate of conformity then this would confirm that the lumens measurement has been taken in a prescribed way and therefore ce certified bulbs can be compared on an equal basis?

Thanks for that. Finding sellers is not the issue though.
If one bulb has an advertised output of 300 lumens and another has an advertised output of 400 lumens, how do I know that they have been measured in the same way? Does the ce logo confirm that they have been measured the same?

Hi,
A practical view is CE = caveat emptor CE means they may have conducted various tests and may have some test results but for any meaning you need to ask for the data. There is a similar problem with PC speakers and their rated power output..

Regards

UK Meterman

the ce logo was introduced by bureaurats in europe, so it all depends on which day of the week the lumens are measured. on a monday, it will be one standard, but by the time friday comes around, 5 committees will have deliberated over several bottles of cheap french plonk, and come to the conclusion that it's saturday.

Come on telectrix. Surely you know from our taxes that eec beurocrats don't drink CHEAP french plonk.
UKMeterman. caveat emptor - buyer beware. Was hoping to eliminate the risks by being able to compare products but obviously not so

Reply to ce certificate for led's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net