Discuss CE Marking required? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockingit

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Hi all,

need to put a 24V system together for a bunch of remote/alarm switching > 24V contactor > 230V services for various bits and bobs on a domestic site. My question is if I make a simple 24V supply from a suitable terroidal transformer with in and out fuses, would this 'unit' need to be CE marked to be used/sold ??

The reason for making one is about £100 difference to buying one!! (can get an 80VA 2 x 25V terroidal from CPC for £18).

Paul.M

Regular EF Member
If all the parts you are using are CE marked then I can't see a problem putting them together long as your competent to do so, which you are of course.

M

MarkieSparkie

Give NetblindPaul a PM mate, he knows all the ins and outs of CE marking.

snowhead

Respected Member
Mentor
Trainee Access
If you are assembling parts specifically for one site you don't need it to be C.E otherwise everything everyone joined together whether electrical or gas or buildings would need C.E.
If you reuse the same idea elsewhere you still don't need it C.E.

If you propose selling it to others on the open market, then yes it does need C.E.

T

Tony Perry

I may be able to help with costs and information,

Best Regards
Tony Perry
British standards Institute

netblindpaul

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
If you are assembling parts specifically for one site you don't need it to be C.E otherwise everything everyone joined together whether electrical or gas or buildings would need C.E.
If you reuse the same idea elsewhere you still don't need it C.E.

If you propose selling it to others on the open market, then yes it does need C.E.
Wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 100 72.5%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.5%

Electrician Talk