Discuss CEF Proteus mcb in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

very similar to chint. must be made in china.

chint are ok as proteus but you have to be carefull as the plastic is very brittle and easy to break when tightening the screw proteus is the same as M2 on domestic changes slightly with the threephase stuff one nice thing is the RCBO's dont have a functional so one less to do

Proteus changed their mcb's to a less brittle material a couple of years ago. Chint board in my house for 7 years now, does the job and cost me nothing, rcd trips under test ok.

Nothing wrong with the cheaper products on the market as long as they meet eu standards. After said and done, there's only so many factories what produce the products and put different badges on, that's all.

used Chit oops Chint 3phase mcbs a few years ago they arent any good for constant loads broke down after 3/4 weeks gaffer thought he would save a few ££s with them instead of M.G. he soon changed his mind

iv'e installed a bout 5 chint boards, no problems. one thing i like about them is the solid, rigid links from main switch to RCDs. not like the awful floppy, in the way of your tails, stuff like in wylex. chint have plenty of room to feed cables in. use a siemens once, pile of cack.

Last edited:
iv'e installed a bout 5 chint boards, no problems. one thing i like about them is the solid, rigid links from main switch to RCDs. not like the awful floppy, in the way of your tails, stuff like in wylex. chint have plenty of room to feed cables in. use a siemens once, pile of cack.

Niglon are the same pro elec are amost they loock the same i use wylex a nnd sector alot and they drive me mad with the internal wiring i do as jason rip it all out wire then put them back , but why so tight eh the reason for tri rated in the boards is because the electrium boards are flexible so you can change the integrety 6 ways unprotected 4 ways protected 5 ways protected etc M2 do a hard wire hi integrety , but ill be honest ive had so many problems with that stuff ill never use it again its embarrasing the amount of stuff ive taken back

The last 8 way board I did consisted of a empty MK insulated CU and 100Amp main switch, then 7 RCBOs from a place called Electrical Componets Direct. Worked out cheaper than buying even a special offer MK or Wylex high integrity CU and a better setup IMO

Last edited:
I almost always make up my board from a blank board and components, though as we're seeing a lot of very cheap 'ready made' 17th boards lately I may have a go with some.

Reply to CEF Proteus mcb in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net