Discuss Ceiling fan and light with remote in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Help4u

-
Reaction score
replacing the r7s lamp holder on a ceiling fan and light with remote.
The connectors have two white wires in each side of the R7 bulb.
There is two white wires coming down, but one seems to have a black sleeve.
Should both the white wires from the lamp holder be connected to both wires coming from the top together or one from each side to separate one and does it matter which goes to which

OP you'll need to verify connectors. I put up to identical luminaires from a high street retailer, and had to shorten the flexible cable. Ones was clearly marked with a fine cotton thread identifying live & neutral. The other was not. Unless it was an even finer cotton thread that my milk bottom glasses couldn't detect.

a pic. would help. afaik,a R7 is like :
31kwUZ77iEL._AC_US218_.jpg

I have never came across halogens in any fan light fittings I have put up over time .have the op converted the fan light fitting .
maybe it a new trend, sticking 2 fingers up at the EU. with their low energy, save the planet, sod cows farting, directives.

I have never came across halogens in any fan light fittings I have put up over time .have the op converted the fan light fitting .
Did one last Friday with an 80w linear halogen! Think it was a Westinghouse. Client supplied and it was high up above a very expensive special floor......think they might be up a ladder pretty regularly changing that lamp.

Reply to Ceiling fan and light with remote in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently have two switches in my bathroom. One controls the lights above the sink and the other controls a light above the toilet and...
Replies
Views
L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Would be grateful for some advice. Would like to add an additional light (Undercabinet 8W LED Batten light) to a two-way light switch...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock