Discuss Ceiling grid panels which drop below the ceiling grid in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am replacing in ceiling grid lights with LED panels, but the metal tiles drop below the grid rather than inside it, so the LED panels will be semi-recessed I don't think the client is going to be happy about this so I was wondering if there is a light which drops below the grid by 10mm to keep the ceiling looking flat?
see photo, I've seen a plasterboard recessing kit which I think might work but still unsure!!

any help thanks in advance!IMG_1945.jpg

I might be wrong but I don’t think there is a fitting like that for a concealed grid. You might have to rethink the type of lighting to be installed.

I can't see why the customer won't be happy.
Have you explained / demonstrated and asked them, or rather told them that's probably how it's going to have to be.

If they don't like the look, the simplest way is to replace all the tiles with flat tiles.

I've got 2 x 600 panels (budget ones from Screwfix) on my plasterboard kitchen ceiling, I'm sure they originally came with a drop down kit.

You won’t notice they are slightly reccessed
Put one in, turn it on and check with client

The fittings which are in place look like they are on newer panels which have been cut to fit them. Clip in panels are available to cut for alternative lights or see these.

Reply to Ceiling grid panels which drop below the ceiling grid in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have purchased spotlights as below, but they are flickering when I dimmed them down to around 15-20%. We have installed 8 x ALUSSO LED Recessed...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
I have two 4 inch recessed CLF 4 pin light cans installed in laundry room since 2012. The bulbs are fluctuating in brightness. I think the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
We have recently completed the installation of around 85 600x600 LED 25w Panels in a school, the panels are sited within ceiling grid which is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock