Discuss Ceiling recessed down lighters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi
Tks for reply , not actually got them yet , as far as I know there is no insulation in the ceiling and they will be fitted in the lounge .
Just was not sure if there was a reg covering the installation of these .

spike

Fitting LED down lights closer to a surface than manufacturers recommendation, can cause them to overheat and fail. Same as covering with insulation, unless specified by manufacturer as suitable.

If it is the colour of halogen they like there are LED ones that give the same colour as halogen. As you say halogen I assume that you want to fit the ones with a lamp, not the all integeral ones.

One thing about led lights that most people don’t realise is they flash.

Now a halogen type light will get slightly brighter and dimmer as the 50Hz cycle passes through the element heating it and allowing it to cool slightly.
Because of the reaction time of the element, it never turns off, just dims a bit.

Light emitting diodes can turn on and off at high frequency, going completely off between cycles this is why they are used to transmit high frequency digital data down fibre optic cables.
With all but some very specific types of led lamp, they are turning on and off at whatever frequency the driver circuit is providing.

This is regularly demonstrated on top gear, when they slow motion a car you will often see that the headlights and tail lights are flashing.

There are some study’s that show this type of lighting is bad for the brain and can affect people with a epilepsy.

Tks guy's for your replies , it seems that they want halogen lights not led !

If your customer prefers the light output of halogens over LED, they should give these a try:

I fitted them in our kitchen and utility room-they give a really nice quality of light that is very close to incandescent lighting. They have slightly lower lumens per watt than a lot of other LED GU10s so the downside (besides price!) is that you may need a few more fittings to get the right light levels.

tks for your reply , list some pls !
i can.... LEDs run cooler, cheaper, don't melt choc blocks, don't burn joists, don't cause fires, rarely explode showering down red-hot bits of glass. and onandonand on.

Reply to Ceiling recessed down lighters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock