Discuss Ceiling rose in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good evening all I'd be so grateful for some help. I used to be an electrician years ago but I am no longer and just have a question I'm unsure of.
I live in a new build and I have a ceiling rose in the garage and my wife asked me to put 2 tiny 6watt led lights either side of the garage door. I've had a look in the ceiling rose and it's full. Each loop has been used am I ok to add another, to feed each light? I'm sure I am but just thought I'd double check with you guys. Thanks so much for the help I really appreciate it. God bless.

Standard ceiling rose, with 3 sets of terminals?
Switch live, and neutral feeding the pendant flex, and the permanent live in the middle? That’s the tingly one! Power off, but you’ll know that already.

Yes it’s fine to connect these lights as long as they are rated for mains voltage.

Surprised you’re asking to be honest, if you have been an electrician in the past.

Yes I thought I'd be ok just when you've not been in the game for so long you lose confidence. Appreciate the help. Thank you.

Reply to Ceiling rose in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, hope all are well. I'm changing a ceiling rose and have lost the diagram showing where everything was connected (to the old light)...
Replies
Views
A rose in my 1970s kitchen ceiling became loose (one fixing screw had been inserted right on the edge of the hole in the ceiling) and when I...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for DIY electrical advice. I have 7 x spots, and each are fitted with 1 x T&E connector block fitting [see photo]. In the past...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock