Discuss ceiling rose in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

ju-c

Are these meant to be a standard size?

I have tried to change the cover of one which was taken off years ago when I had a halogen light unit fitted. Now I want to return to the normal pendant fitting. The wiring is ok..but I need a new cover and new ones are about half a cm smaller than mine..will I have to refit the whole thing?

Thanks

Ceiling roses of the same time period tend to be the same size but this size does vary so the difference is likely due to the changes over the years of the "standard" dimensions, changing the base plate as well is the easiest solution.
Remember to switch the power off in the consumer unit for that lighting circuit, check that it is off and ensure you know where the wires are connected and how they will connect on the new one.
If you are unsure do not start but get help first.

Thank you! yes I guess it is too old for the modern sizes. I always switch the electric off before I touch anything. I have had a look at the wiring on the plate..seems ok if I can remember lol..maybe best to get an expert in. Would it be a reasonably cheap job? Seems it to me but I know nothing.

Thank you! yes I guess it is too old for the modern sizes. I always switch the electric off before I touch anything. I have had a look at the wiring on the plate..seems ok if I can remember lol..maybe best to get an expert in. Would it be a reasonably cheap job? Seems it to me but I know nothing.

It would be cheap yes, ÂŁ20? Or so...

Cool...no need to gasp lol...I'm prepared to try most diy stuff - even tho I'm female ;) but electrics are important. ÂŁ20 is a bargain!!

has to be to make room for all the useless info, like shoes, shopping, handbags etc. if i was in bournemouth i'd charge a ÂŁ35 call-out ti sort it, and ÂŁ5 materials.

Ah we just love stereotypes...lol..and let's not start me on the electricians and their quotes :)

Reply to ceiling rose in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock