Discuss Cert filling? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sixfingers

Hi,I have a question on cert filling on a domestic eic! The installation of 1 x new circuit on a exsiting installation would require an eic,But on the circuit details/test results page would you fill in details for all circuits or just the circuit you have installed and tested?

Just the circuit you installed and tested, making sure on the front page states exactley what you did ie new radial for hob.

Hi,I have a question on cert filling on a domestic eic! The installation of 1 x new circuit on a exsiting installation would require an eic,But on the circuit details/test results page would you fill in details for all circuits or just the circuit you have installed and tested?

As Jason said only the circuit you have installed, same goes for any installed circuits whether Domestiic, Industrial or commercial

100% agree but like the man said be as specific as you can on the front page where it asks for what is covered by this certificate.

If anything should go wrong with another part of the installation and you havn't been exact about what you did, the customers first words will be - well you were the last one to do anything...... and all of a sudden your in a whole world of pain.

Cheers guys for clearing that one up,Just a quick one so on complete fuseboard change you would put in the (details of installation) box, (fuseboard replacement only) but all old circuits connected to new board would be noted on the circuit details and test results page would we be liable for old circuits on only a fuseboard change?

Yes.

As you say details would be - upgrading of consumer unit only (having already confirmed earthing and bonding arrangements)

All circuits would be recorded on circuit details sheet and fully tested as per BS.

Should a problem arise at the end of any of those circuits then it would not be your fault as you have tested your work and only worked at the beginning of each and will have stressed in your extent covered box.

What he said ^^

Also, when you slap on all the warning notices on the new CU, i always mark the periodic label with date it was changed, and also put next to the date "CU CHANGE ONLY".

However, you should also list any deviations in the right box on the cert.

And there will always be a couple.

Cheers so a deviation from regs would be ie pendant fitted in bathroom or socket above kitchen draining board,so as long as they are noted in details of departures box or would they be noted in comments on existing installation box?

Kind of , yes.

However, any major ones should be rectified and charged accordingly.

I normally have a quick look round when pricing CU change and advise client.

sorry my mistake i read it as 1 new skt on an existing circuit
you are right for a new circuit

no it would be a minor works cert as it is an addition

Sorry, Beaver, that's not right... the MInor Works Cert, states clearly that it can only be used for work that "does not include the provision of a new circuit."

Regarding comments on the EIC, etc., it's worth adding in the 'Agreed Limitations' something along the lines " cables and accessories inaccessible or concealed in the fabric of the building could not be inspected or tested."

Sorry, carried on reading posts and saw you've already dealt with this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
incorrect all new circuits ,new being using a new circuit on the CDU ,the cert is an installation because youve installed a new circuit not added to an existing ,its also notifiable !

Reply to Cert filling? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock