Discuss Certificate software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mark_2003

HI;

Can anyone help? I'm looking to buy software for certs but I'm unsure which one is going to be the best to use, NICEIC's own or EASYCERT (which I am currently using). Can anyone advise me on which to choose?

Thanks

Mark

If you have an ipad there is a great certificate app called icertifi it's a free download then you can pay a monthly fee or yearly depending on how you get on with it.

Thanks for that I will have a look for theat now, but have you seen the new one from the NICEIC its supposed to be out mid-end of april and totally free. No software or downloads needed you just sign in an use it. I think it costs £1 per cert but like I say I've never used the NICEIC one

thing is though...
if all you want/need it for is to produce professional certs with printed results/values on them...then ebay would be a good bet as theres plenty of folk on there selling editable versions...
its either that or get the free generic forms in PDF...then fork out £15 for a program to convert PDF to a word doc...

thing is though...
if all you want/need it for is to produce professional certs with printed results/values on them...then ebay would be a good bet as theres plenty of folk on there selling editable versions...
its either that or get the free generic forms in PDF...then fork out £15 for a program to convert PDF to a word doc...

fork out for programs ...

LMAO ! :p

Pirform has to be paid each year to many bugs and very poor after sales. To quick to blame your hardware but had the same faults on a number of machines

When compared to Amtech its cheap (£300+ vs £80ish). My experience with them (Amtech) was poor support!

I've never had problems with PIRform support, even got a solution on a Sunday, after I reported the issue on the Saturday.

Hi
After researching this question on a couple of other threads I have bought a basic (£75) version of PIRform. Used it on a few certs over the weekend including a 5 board industrial EICR and am initially impressed. Have not had to even look at the help file if it exists and it has a bit of basic intelligent entry, ie entering observations from the checklist automatically that you can edit as required. You obviously need to monitor this a bit as it clutches at straws occasionally, but otherwise a good product that has certainly improved from how I was completing certificates in the past (editable glorified word versions.)
Lots of good features and £75 p.a didnt seem a problem as it will be constantly up to date (I hope!)

Reply to Certificate software in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net