Discuss certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello
i have been asked to install a kiosk at a farm entrance to accept 100 a 3 phase,RURAL TT ,at present there is a bungalow slap in the middle of the farm which is being supplied direct from dno very badly i may add with numerous pvc tape over the cable joints in the trees it is 2 core cable around 50 yrs old 240 1 phase.
we wish to have the 3 phase into new kiosk,supply to farm 25mm/plus also a new cable to dwelling 10mm
both underground/both protected with farm 100ma 100 rcd/house 63 amp 100ma s type delayed,both in the kiosk with 100 amp isolator.
delemma ,the bungalow will become offices once the supply is connected to it from the new install.
edf energy want a certificate before connection,but i have no idea of fuse at supply/no ze to start with and earth reading was going to be assessed on install day and measured by ELI-TESTER
WHAT CERT DO THE DNO WANT NEW/ALTERATION/OR MINOR WORKS,also we can only get supply of 63amps onto farm max 3 phase.
how can you issue cert as only have insulation/polarity/r1+r2, do i only fill in what is done at present time,i am only doing this install as the main electrician is stuck abroard in his holiday home and will be for some time,so i am retired 2 years and have been asked to assist with this,after 40 years as installer or heavy duty motor control and motors i am out of the loop a littlebit,also i am not touching the dwelling apart from reconnecting a temporary supply with new 63amp switchfuse/new meter,new tails and new earth rod at house the house set up is a RCD 30ma mcbs .
any thoughts please as it can all be certified in near future when main electrician gets back june/july
construction starts in may on buildings.

WPD have never asked for a cirtificate to put a new supply to kiosk. They simple come out tell us where to put the duct to so they can joint onto the cable and that about it, new service in kiosk and wait for the meter to be fitted.

hello
i have been asked to install a kiosk at a farm entrance to accept 100 a 3 phase,RURAL TT ,at present there is a bungalow slap in the middle of the farm which is being supplied direct from dno very badly i may add with numerous pvc tape over the cable joints in the trees it is 2 core cable around 50 yrs old 240 1 phase.
we wish to have the 3 phase into new kiosk,supply to farm 25mm/plus also a new cable to dwelling 10mm
both underground/both protected with farm 100ma 100 rcd/house 63 amp 100ma s type delayed,both in the kiosk with 100 amp isolator.
delemma ,the bungalow will become offices once the supply is connected to it from the new install.
edf energy want a certificate before connection,but i have no idea of fuse at supply/no ze to start with and earth reading was going to be assessed on install day and measured by ELI-TESTER
WHAT CERT DO THE DNO WANT NEW/ALTERATION/OR MINOR WORKS,also we can only get supply of 63amps onto farm max 3 phase.
how can you issue cert as only have insulation/polarity/r1+r2, do i only fill in what is done at present time,i am only doing this install as the main electrician is stuck abroard in his holiday home and will be for some time,so i am retired 2 years and have been asked to assist with this,after 40 years as installer or heavy duty motor control and motors i am out of the loop a littlebit,also i am not touching the dwelling apart from reconnecting a temporary supply with new 63amp switchfuse/new meter,new tails and new earth rod at house the house set up is a RCD 30ma mcbs .
any thoughts please as it can all be certified in near future when main electrician gets back june/july
construction starts in may on buildings.
New installation = EIC Electrical Installation Certificate. But your Electrician should know what certificate to supply

Dead testing only to show the installation is safe to be connected and energised.

Reply to certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net