Discuss certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mike

hi. i wired a cupple of sockets and lights in a shed the other day it was fed with 4mm swa i put a sub main in. because there was structual steel it needed bonding so i put a earth steak in so the shed was a TT. my question is, on the certificate do i put the details of the cu where it is fed from on the certificate or do i treat the shed like its seperate and do the certificate just for the shed. thanks

good question Mike, but I am not quite sure. When we used to do garage power for the councils I am sure we did two seperate certs.

In this case I tend to do 2 EIC's, one for the submain & one for the outbuilding.

Not sure Mark - I always use the main earth but depends. For example, if I am wiring an outhouse I will take a 4 mm t&e as the main feed straight from the main board.

I thought the reason you put an earth rod in is because you are not supposed to export the installation earth out of the equipotential zone of the house. Especially with a tncs system.

I thought the reason you put an earth rod in is because you are not supposed to export the installation earth out of the equipotential zone of the house. Especially with a tncs system.

True you are supposed to get permission from DNO to export the main earth.
I go with the thinking that if the outbuilding is further than 3mtrs from main building then I TT.

easy fox/slrichardson -can you expand on your answer please .i've done the odd site temps and this business about exporting the earth is useful knowledge where is this information from and whats DNO?

ive been told if bonding needs to be done in a out building and the csa of the earth suppling the out building (4mm swa) is smaler than the required size of the equipotential bonding conductor which is 10mm for pme. so the 4mm earth is to small to use as a bonding conductor. so by instaling a earth electrode TT and discarding the incoming earth (put in conector and used plastic box for glan ) this ment i could equipotential bond in 6mm (page 29 osg) hope every one can understand this

Reply to certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock