Discuss certificating one circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

casjames

hi all. im new to the forum and have a quick question. i have applied to join the niceic domestic installer scheme after starting up on my own this month and have my assessment in a months time so id like this question answered. i am certificating one new cooker circuit added to an existing CU which is covered with rcd and has the necessary main bonding. my EIC will cover the new circuit only so does that allow me to 'N/A' the schedule of inspections box thats to do with locations containing a bath or shower even though the bathroom light fitting doesnt comply with the regs. or do i 'X' this box and add a note to the 'comments on existing installation'. im asking as i dont want any excuses for the assessor to fail me. ive been an employee to a domestic installer for the last 8 years so have not needed to certify my work previously. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

Your EIC covers what you put in the description of "works" - so if its add new circuit for cooker - that's exactly what it covers.

When completing your schedule of tests against existing circuits put "used" and for any unused put "spare" then the one you have will stand out. Obviously you have to complete all the "main" tests for the incoming etc.

When you complete the inspections you ONLY complete those relevent to your new circuit.

Hope this helps

Reply to certificating one circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock