Discuss Certification after remedial works in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Folks what certification would generally be issued to the client ,after completing remedial works originating from an EICR
I am assuming the client would love to have the original EICR fully completed with the words Satisfactory on the front page
But this is not always practible depending on the number of boards and circuits on the original EICR
Any suggestions ?

Depending on the remedial work you are doing will determine whether a MEIWC (or multiple MEIWCs) or an EIC is required. The rules don't change for what is required.

I certainly wouldn't be amending an already issued EICR though.

Depending on the remedial work you are doing will determine whether a MEIWC (or multiple MEIWCs) or an EIC is required. The rules don't change for what is required.

I certainly wouldn't be amending an already issued EICR though.
Thanks Risteard
So technically the certification issued for the remedials would be an accompaniment to the latest EICR , until the retest period comes around again

Thanks Risteard
So technically the certification issued for the remedials would be an accompaniment to the latest EICR , until the retest period comes around again
What I would do is - in addition to highlighting the works carried out - state "as outlined in EICR serial number XXXX123456".

In some cases no certification is required where items highlighted on the eicr for instance refer to cracked/damaged sockets or switches etc. That said some would issue a minor works certs for replacing a plastic light switch, but I never would unless the customer requested one, and then an additional charge would be made.

Reply to Certification after remedial works in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net