Discuss certification how to do it! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

wet string

When will one of all these highly esteemed regulatory bodies, including the one's we pay large amounts to in registratiom fee,s issue a publlication full of sample, completed certificates coverying at least the most common scenario's, with covering explanatory notes, theres so much contention amongst everybody, caused in the main by not having this kind of referance data, it should also be free issue, a dozen examples in the back of the regs book would be the obvious place of course.too obvious huh!:mad:

There are examples in the regs book, however, some of the bodies insist on extra information, which is not actually required.

I think thats what your getting at!

exactley, although i dont think those examples go any where far enough. we're screwed to the wall by these regs, and slated if we make a mistake on these certs. yet wheres the standardised examples of exactley how to fill them out. ie. what do you put for the cpc size when armoured sheath is used.

Wetstring, when it comes to using armouring as cpc, if you look at the regs book it does have a comparison chart somewhere as im told. I always write in SWA, in the box anyway, same thing i suppose...

thanks dan, but thats my point, how did you know to put swa, or should you be putting the equivalant in, and thats just one example i wouldnt give a monkeys if there wasnt some pedantic inspector going through yer certs every year saying, thats not right! this should be that! ... and so on. every thing else seems to be defined to the nth degree,

When caculating the armour of the swa you will need to contact the manufactures or the nic tech manual both will give you values.Done it before on a pir turned out that a 16mm twin swa has a armour value of 10mm.

quite so coxy. but just this one example has thrown up different opinions on what should be entered on the cert. maybe jason can kindly tell me where examples of completed certs are in the regs. i apologise for my ignorance in advance.
a small leaflet with half a dozen exemplar completed certs. for the most common scenarios, for each type pir.minor. e.installation. together with non complient results and codes, would be sufficient to maintain some kind of consistancy, maybe i should compile one myself. do a Scaddon, so to speak. i suspect the research would
open up a whole can of worms with the regulators themselves!

quite so coxy. but just this one example has thrown up different opinions on what should be entered on the cert. maybe jason can kindly tell me where examples of completed certs are in the regs. i apologise for my ignorance in advance.
a small leaflet with half a dozen exemplar completed certs. for the most common scenarios, for each type pir.minor. e.installation. together with non complient results and codes, would be sufficient to maintain some kind of consistancy, maybe i should compile one myself. do a Scaddon, so to speak. i suspect the research would
open up a whole can of worms with the regulators themselves!

Hi wet string,

Appendix 7 of the onsite guide has examples of all the IEE designed certificates completed if this helps?

Guide to PIR codes here:

http://www.esc.org.uk/pdfs/business-and-community/electrical-industry/BPG4_08.pdf

Warren

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks warren quite forgot the osg, thats the sort of thing i mean, but more of them for different scenarios , iv got the pir codes pamphlet, just think it would benefit everyone if all this fragmented info was in one publication/dvd,maybe i should get out more.

Sorry, yes, OSG.

Apart from the SWA, which is a bit of a grey area, what else is there that you are not sure about with cert filling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wetstring, when it comes to using armouring as cpc, if you look at the regs book it does have a comparison chart somewhere as im told. I always write in SWA, in the box anyway, same thing i suppose...

the on-site guide has guidance for the sizing of SWA

Reply to certification how to do it! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock