Discuss Certification software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

spraymate1

Hi all, sorry if this question has been asked before.
I am currentlly using Formfill's free software to do my certificates, but was think of buying the Pirform sortware of the elecsa site, is/has anyone used this, feedback would be much appreciated, thanks.

I can’t comment on the elecsa software (which i think is a rebranded software), but we use easycert which now comes with iphone/ipad form filling and it is very easy to use and has all the forms you will need. Not sure on cost as we purchased it some years ago, but i do know it costs around £60 per year to keep it all up to date and they also have online backup service in with that. Hope that helps

My understanding is that PIRform has a free version for you to try first. I've seen a demo and liked what I saw in principle.

I'd be very interested in feed back from anyone using this for real.

One question - does PIRform have the ability to show/use/input imperial cable sizes?

Does anyone have a copy of the ECIR but for a domestic installation like the old PIRs? What is your views on software companies

Amtech?
Easy cert?
Castline?
Megger?

Iv used a couple each had their good points each had their bad points at the moment using Amtek no probs apart from crashing it today n had to get our IT wizz kid to remote sort it

Just renewed my 12 months customer care pacdkage at £59.95 + vat.
This also allows any updates etc of programs and remote storage of certificates.

Tony.

Tony...how do you rate software? ....do you fill in on site then email ? or do at home then email ? on site and print ? .

Ive new to certifying and just wonder the best and most efficient and prof way to do it.

The program is a doddle to use.
Also includes fire alarms/emergy ltg etc.
The certs look the part.
All my company information, test instrument information etc are all saved in my defaults.
I print out a site survey form from the menu - fill it out on site by hand and type up at night time (now).
I usually print out the final cert and post with invoice.
A few times I have emailed cert as a pdf with no probs.
I did have a problem once with a cert, I emailed tysoft and they replied immediately and sorted things out straight away.
You can download a free trial version which is fully working.

Tony.

I also use easycert as simlec does, I have used it for 5 years with no problem, all new forms are uploaded before you know they exist and support is first class

Have been playing with the demo for a while, is wicked fair play, much easier,

However i cant help think that if ur gonna write ur result down while testing, why not just fill in a form while ur there.

Time saving on both sides.........hmmmmmmmmm

Any body got any recomendations for the cheapest tablet that will run the mobile software ? ....will only be used for the certs , so dont really wanna pay for an ipad.

Any body got any recomendations for the cheapest tablet that will run the mobile software ? ....will only be used for the certs , so dont really wanna pay for an ipad.

I'd be interested if anyone can come up with a solution but I suspect the answer is use a note book - you can get one for about £200 these days and are more than adequate.

Give them a call, see what they say!
I must say that the ipad app is very good, no loosing paper work and it’s on my PC within min’s.
Yes the ipad is expensive but i now use mine for onsite invoices/quotes that can be emailed to customer on site, as well as showing customers pictures/images of completed works so they can get a sense of what is possible seeing as i don’t have a nice big showroom. Products/specs are also on mine for onsite reference (just need reg book on there now! come on IEE)

I might have to download the easy cert software and see if I can get it running under Wine on my linux system.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II via Tapatalk

Reply to Certification software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock