Discuss Certifying new electrical installations in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Modernelectric

I put in a shower circuit, new lighting circuit and swapped the consumer unit on a job.

To my understanding i must issue a new electrical installation certificate for the consumer unit swap, and a seperate certificate for the 2 circuits i installed. is this correct, or must the 2 circuits also have there own seperate electrical installation certs?

Hi the one installation certificate should cover all under "Description and Extent of the Installation" record what you have done and your inspection and test results will confirm what you have done.

Chris

ok thanks, so the consumer unit, shower circuit and lighting circuit i can cover with just 1 electrical installation certificate.

Thats the way I see it as your installation certificate covers everything from just adding one circuit to a complete install on a new dwelling.

Chris

Rather than start a new topic for a quick answer could someone help me out..

A fellow spark has an extension to wire, Extending the house ring main to the extension and extending the existing lighting circuit to the extension.

Its a 16th ed CU, the lighting on main switch, RFC on RCD.. The spark seems to think that aslong as the main/supplementry bonding is up to scratch then there's no need to alter the board at all, Does the lighting not need to be RCD protected to be upto date with the 17th regs ?? And its EIC right? Not MW?

Yes the circuit worked on should be RCD protected UNLESS he is going to use steel conduit or dig out half the wall.

And MW is fine as its not a new circuit.

Yes the circuit worked on should be RCD protected UNLESS he is going to use steel conduit or dig out half the wall.

And MW is fine as its not a new circuit.

I thought it would have to be RCD protected, But the spark thinks im wrong.. I thing he still working to 16th. Thinking aslong as the bonding is ok then that will do.

So if MW was issued would it be 2 certs for each circuit.

Also an EIC would be ok wouldnt it if the box "Alteration" was ticked then both circuits on one cert?

One cert for each circuit, although you could do an EIC with only the circuit details that you worked on.

Personally i would just do 2 MW, one for each.

i tend to put in a seperate cu for the extension,[check Ze FIRST], then only need to certify the new work done! no overlap,some customers try to get there substandard existing system certified for the same price!! one set of forms should be new install cert ,the other would be a condition report[old PIR]-hope this helps

i tend to put in a seperate cu for the extension,[check Ze FIRST], then only need to certify the new work done! no overlap,some customers try to get there substandard existing system certified for the same price!! one set of forms should be new install cert ,the other would be a condition report[old PIR]-hope this helps

I expect the OP has finished the job by now. :smile:

Welcome to the forum.

just eic as you have got to test every circuit the cu feed you have changed and take responsabillity for them

To clarify. If he changed the C.U but has only worked on the ring and lighting, when he completes his EIC does he only need to fill out results for these circuits or is he now responsible for all circuits to the dwelling as he has replaced the C.U serving them?

To clarify. If he changed the C.U but has only worked on the ring and lighting, when he completes his EIC does he only need to fill out results for these circuits or is he now responsible for all circuits to the dwelling as he has replaced the C.U serving them?

If he's changed the CU he would of course have tested all the circuits - old and new.

Reply to Certifying new electrical installations in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock