Discuss Challenger 10 bellbox keeps sounding in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Please be gentle guys as not had much experience of burglar alarms. So fitted the challenger 10 range in a bungalow. Fitted all 6 pir's, fitted remote keypad, fitted main panel. Have not connected panel to mains yet or fitted the battery so a completely dead new install. Fitted the bellbox last, connected in battery, made sure tamper was closed and then fitted cover. Bell has a 2 min delay to get cover back on. After 2 mins the alarm sounds. Tried it again with cover off and holding tamper closed but still sounds. Any ideas? Would it be bacause the main panel has no power that is causing the bell to sound?
Thanks guys

Would it be bacause the main panel has no power that is causing the bell to sound?

YES because the panel supplies a 12V "hold-off" supply to stop it sounding off it's own battery.

Would it be bacause the main panel has no power that is causing the bell to sound?

YES because the panel supplies a 12V "hold-off" supply to stop it sounding off it's own battery.
So if I connect up the main panel battery and try again it should be OK or do I need to connect mains to it also.

just the battery for now, but bear in mind it will slowly go flat without mains on. maytbe 8 - 12 hours before it starts ringing again.

Reply to Challenger 10 bellbox keeps sounding in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
I"m a student learning motor controls and created a challenge for myself but am stuck. Here is the challenge: Challenge 1 A) Using a blower...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
hello all, I have a Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 burglar installed in my home (about 9 years old). Recently I got a Battery Miss fault showing on...
Replies
Views
My burglar alarm went off last night when it wasn't even set. When I went to Keypad it was showing TAMPER with a Red light. I could not silence it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock