Discuss Challenger panel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Italy9327

DIY
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I’m a new homeowner and a new dad! I recently just built myself an office on my property and I wanted to run electricity to it.

I currently have the dreaded challenger panel and I wanted to know what breakers I can use with this panel?

I plan to run some lights and several outlets that will power a small portable ac unit and maybe a fridge.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could lead me in the direction of compatible breakers for my challenger panel. I’ve attached my panel label:ECDC83B4-712F-42E9-BD3E-CA441C137515.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone!

I’m a new homeowner and a new dad! I recently just built myself an office on my property and I wanted to run electricity to it.

I currently have the dreaded challenger panel and I wanted to know what breakers I can use with this panel?

I plan to run some lights and several outlets that will power a small portable ac unit and maybe a fridge.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could lead me in the direction of compatible breakers for my challenger panel. I’ve attached my panel label:
The sticker inside the cover has the recommended breakers for your panel. That’s a new one I’ve never heard of that name brand

Hello everyone!

Anyway, I was hoping someone could lead me in the direction of compatible breakers for my challenger panel. I’ve attached my panel label:
The picture is blurry and I can’t read it or I’m getting old

Eaton BR has two model numbers, BR 120, & C 120, for example, the "BR" for the BR line, "C" is for Challenger, with the 3 numbers following the 1st number is the number of poles, & the numbers following for the ampere rating of the breaker, the above example is a single pole 20A breaker, it is the OEM replacement breaker for Challenger.

Reply to Challenger panel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net