Discuss Change in career- Becoming a self employed electrician in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dan786

Hello there,

Have read various threads on this topic and the majority of people are not in favour of becoming an electrician for numerous reasons.

In terms of an income if I was to become self employed, can anybody confirm what my salary expectations should be ? I was always under the impression that there was a strong demmand out there for reliable electricians...

Any help advice would be much appreciated.

Dan

Hi Dan.

Welcome to the forum..... Which "branch" of electrics would you be looking at Domestic or more Commercial / Industrial??

I was always under the impression that there was a strong demmand out there for reliable electricians...

In a word..... No

Hello there,

Have read various threads on this topic and the majority of people are not in favour of becoming an electrician for numerous reasons.

In terms of an income if I was to become self employed, can anybody confirm what my salary expectations should be ? I was always under the impression that there was a strong demmand out there for reliable electricians...

Any help advice would be much appreciated.

Dan

I posted this observation in a different thread earlier,may be relevant :)

Afghanistan must be the next nearest job available to where I just searched

I regularly look at the direct gov jobsite because I'm nosey,not for any actual job

I was astounded that there is a grand total of 2 electrician jobs within 75 miles of Cardiff and one of them was for £ 8 an hour

Any career changers still fancy being an electrician

You've probably been reading the propaganda supplied by the training providers that state there is a 100,000 short fall in qualified electricians...... Where no one on here will be able to tell you. They also probably mention you'll be earning £55,000 again a myth

Hi there,

Was considering domestic. If I was to be self employed after a few years of experience surely I could earn a good living..?

Its going to be very tough ide recommend sticking with what ever you have now or chosing another career to get into. You've only got to take a look around these fourms to see how bad things are at the moment. You'll also see posts of Electricians saying their going to career change because things are so bad.

Good luck with whichever path you take.

Just take a look on here any day of the week and you will see how busy the forum is , that's because loads of sparks are sitting at home during the day with no work.

Cheers

Ste

Just take a look on here any day of the week and you will see how busy the forum is , that's because loads of sparks are sitting at home during the day with no work.

Cheers

Ste

That was almost exactly what i was about to say lol - great minds eh!

Cheers

Ste

Or are at work....... doing ....... stuff..... eeerrr..... Quotes... That's it.... I was doing quotes and just using "that site" (as the boss calls it) for reference!!!

Yes there is that too ................. I'm supposed to be writing up a couple of invoices , working on my new website , and writing up a few quotes , but as I have the attention span of a gnat, I always end up surfing the net:D

Reply to Change in career- Becoming a self employed electrician in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net