Discuss Changes to test-meters discount for forum members in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Most of you will know that test-meter have for some time offered a discount to forum members but had to stop the open advertising of a 5% code as too many non forum members found it via google.

They will most of the time still offer a discount if you email them and then order over the phone, the discount ranges between 3 and 5% still. The margins have got a bit tight with the fall in the value of the pound but they are still trying to give you something off and the discount is based on the amount or value of stuff you order.

I just ordered some new test leads for the MFT and they gave me 5% off so its still worth supporting the sponsor.

I needed a new set of kewtech leads for a kt64dl as i have somehow damaged the ends on 2 of them so when inserted i get poor connections. they were loose in the mft. I have spoken to kewtech who have asked me to send in the originals as they are less than a year old, but that doesnt solve the here and now and the need to test my work. I have some generic ones but its good to have a decent set i figure. so bought a new set of KEWTECH ACC065 3 WIRE TEST LEADS for 37.95 ex vat and postage. they took 5% off the 37.95 when i phoned. I am vat registered so will claim the vat back anyway.

i have a Megger , so all the test leads go in to pvc bags end of the day .
all the probes go in to a small pvc curry container empty ,
when I had my inspection and testing this year the test engineer had the same test equipment has me he said I could do with one of those
curry containers ,I told him to go and buy your own curry .

Nice one buzz,i also keep my leads in a curry related receptacle...it's a small sack i got off Dan,it's actually still his,so it's...;)

Lol, another one for the plastic curry containers . I use them for lots of things ; see at a glance what is in them.

I remember a few year ago when working at Indians house and they were making curry , the house stank of it . I was working in they kitchen left the job got home but my boots In the laundry room over night
got up next morning I could smell curry in the laundry room looked for my boots sloped in the garden by the misses.

I've changed many fan motors from Indian restaurants /takeaways.
Takes ages to get the aroma off the tools and clothes.
Not too unpleasant though. I used to love Indian food.

I remember a few year ago when working at Indians house and they were making curry , the house stank of it . I was working in they kitchen left the job got home but my boots In the laundry room over night
got up next morning I could smell curry in the laundry room looked for my boots sloped in the garden by the misses.

Laundry room? now that's cool...

I just asked me fifteen year old lad,what that was,and he said "It's usually any space left,on my bedroom carpet,Dad....nite"

:):):)

I ordered some stuff from them a couple of months ago and was a bit disappointed that the old code didn't work.

They sent me a mug, a pen and a ruler though, so... err... yay.

Don't get me wrong, the service was good and the price reasonable. But next time I'll shop around.

I think having to ring up to beg for a discount misses the point. I typically order materials online in the evening, when nobody would answer the phone, so with no discount code, I will compare their standard price with anyone else's.

I wasn't aware they gave a discount, but bought my new tester from them a couple of weeks ago anyway as it was the best price I could find. Thought I might get a proving unit, and they do the Megger690 at £82 inc vat and the wee kewtech kr2 for £14.10, compared with s-fix at £104.99 and £24.99 respectively, so I do think their pricing is pretty keen. It's a hard market...

Reply to Changes to test-meters discount for forum members in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock