Discuss Changing careers and need your help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello guys, a few years back I had done electrical/electronic engineering (QCF) extended diploma L3.

Thought I didn’t have any passion until recently.

I know I will be needing to either do the C&G 17/18th edition (soon to find out what the difference is lol) and test & inspection.

From there, I’ll apply for an CSCS card.

That is my plan to be a fully qualified electrician.

Almost all employers I’ve looked at require you to have C&G 2330/2360.

I was wondering if my L3 in electrical & electronic is equivalent or would i have to undertake the C&G 2330/2360 course.

Is there maybe something else I’m missing to be a qualified electrician?

Any advice would be highly appreciated
Thank you for reading!

Hello, your plan needs a bit more chap. 2330 and 2360 are old city and guilds quals, to be a qualified electrician you will need 2365 level 2 and 3, the AM2 exam and a nvq 2357 which is practical and consists of building a portfolio to show competence whilst employed in the electrical field.

The 17th edition you mentioned is distinct from the 18th in that the latter has superseded it. Buy the book if your interested, it's reasonably priced and a real page turner .

To do test and inspect you'll need 2365 and 2357 first.

The path you are considering taking now will get you a labourers cscs but Defo not an electricians right away.

To be a proper sparks and not a boil in the bag will take you around four years and a lot of effort.

There are many posts on this forum with the same questions you need answering, do a quick search.

All the best and good luck!

To do test and inspect you'll need 2365 and 2357 first

I didn't have 2365 or 2357 before I got 2394 and 2395.

To be a proper sparks and not a boil in the bag will take you around four years and a lot of effort

A better way of putting it might have been... "To become a fully qualified electrician and not a domestic installer will take you around four years and a lot of effort", conveys the same information without the insults!

No offence meant. I respectfully retract the quoted comment....apologies SC.

Upon reflection nitroalz with an electrical engineering qual as a starting point 2391 would not be as difficult as it would be for someone who had just started their electrical journey and had less of a theoretical base to build on.

Engage brain before typing 100 times.... Engage brain before typing 100 times....

Reply to Changing careers and need your help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock