Discuss Changing double socket into spot light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Beata

-
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question...
We recently cut out new door in one of the walls. We had to get rid of a double socket as it was in the new door location. We kept the wire thought over the door with intension of putting a spot light over the door. So that's the question, how to connect a single spot light into double socket wires.
Thanks a lot

You call around the local electrical traders and ask a few to have a look and give you a quotation.

Quotations are a document that details the work that will be done and how much it will cost.

You then sit down with your partner and discuss what you want in an electrican and decide to accept one of the quotations. I am guessing price will be your main consideration(?).

Then you call the electrician that you chose and ask him to start the work.

Then the work will be done and you will pay him.

You call around the local electrical traders and ask a few to have a look and give you a quotation.

Quotations are a document that details the work that will be done and how much it will cost.

You then sit down with your partner and discuss what you want in an electrican and decide to accept one of the quotations. I am guessing price will be your main consideration(?).

Then you call the electrician that you chose and ask him to start the work.

Then the work will be done and you will pay him.

Think I preferred the old essex :)

Hello,
I have a question...
We recently cut out new door in one of the walls. We had to get rid of a double socket as it was in the new door location. We kept the wire thought over the door with intension of putting a spot light over the door. So that's the question, how to connect a single spot light into double socket wires.
Thanks a lot
fainting.jpg

Is this cable just randomly hanging there and still live? Or did you put it into a choc block, wrap a load of tape around it and bury it in plaster?

I know this much to not do such a mistake.
We were going to remove it from the wall completely but then I thought that we might as well use it since it's there.
I thought a sensor light would come handy and that's the idea.
I wouldn't have a problem installing a light with right amount of wires but obviously I can't do that. So my question is if I have to disconnect the extra wires or maybe i could use a 6 way terminal strip for it to work...
I'M probably going to get an electrician any way but I like to figure things out for myself.

I know this much to not do such a mistake.
We were going to remove it from the wall completely but then I thought that we might as well use it since it's there.
I thought a sensor light would come handy and that's the idea.
I wouldn't have a problem installing a light with right amount of wires but obviously I can't do that. So my question is if I have to disconnect the extra wires or maybe i could use a 6 way terminal strip for it to work...
I'M probably going to get an electrician any way but I like to figure things out for myself.

I have given you a dumb because it’s a plain stupid thing to do if you don’t have a clue .....

So just get a couple of sparks round to assess and quote you ...

Do it yourself, then one fire later, and your insurance won’t pay as it’s a major diy disaster ...... not exactly an ideal way to “save” money

Hello,
I have a question...
Thanks a lot
why do pork pies and eggs get mixed inside pastry? why is the moon pulling our oceans? why is DIY questions allowed on the open forums?

I'm going to use a bulb with pir, so the light would only go on when dark
and thats a paradox

unless youre putting the photocell outside to switch the light on inside when it gets dark, but i assume you mean put the sensor local to the light itself

why do pork pies and eggs get mixed inside pastry? why is the moon pulling our oceans? why is DIY questions allowed on the open forums?

Cause it taste nice. Cause of gravity. Cause the forum has a DIY section and we can, if we want, help them out a bit. (Without giving step by step instructions).

Reply to Changing double socket into spot light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net