Discuss Changing IR with voltage in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

newfutile

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
On a recent EICR i have measured 0.589 MegOhms (@250 volts) on the relatively old lighting circuit (red/black PVC wiring) , i have replaced both outside lights (thinking water ingress as both were damaged).

The strange part is at 1000 volts the IR changes over a few seconds to 1.6 Megohms , it will stay at this value even at 250V for perhaps an hour.

Its a void property and been empty for a few months if this helps?

On a recent EICR i have measured 0.589 MegOhms (@250 volts) on the relatively old lighting circuit (red/black PVC wiring) , i have replaced both outside lights (thinking water ingress as both were damaged).

The strange part is at 1000 volts the IR changes over a few seconds to 1.6 Megohms , it will stay at this value even at 250V for perhaps an hour.

Its a void property and been empty for a few months if this helps?
Damp getting in somewhere I think

Reply to Changing IR with voltage in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
I have a Single Phase Power box for a townhouse. When I read voltage across the Hot legs (A) and (B) to ground I get 123 volts with the main...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views
I've started to move over to AMD 2 forms for my CU installs, if only because the schedule is so much easier to tick and I can stop sticking labels...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock