Discuss Charge controller question... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ajax123

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm after some help and probably a quote. I posted a while ago but no response so hopefully this time I might get an answer or two.

I have a 4kw solar system running through a solax hybrid inverter into the house and I have a 48v lead acid battery bank (8×6v leisure batteries) giving me 7kw usable storeage attached. Long story but I dont get a feed in tarrif so hate exporting to the grid. I did add a diverter to put any spare into the hot water tank but I still end up exporting in the summer. I would like to add a second battery bank such that when one is full, rather than exporting, a battery charge controller of some sort switches the charge to the second and maybe a third. Is such a thing possible, available and does anyone want to give me a price to install it. Im in Spalding, Lincs area.

can you post a chart of you summer usage? import vs export vs bat usage?

can you post a chart of you summer usage? import vs export vs bat usage?

No. Not because I'm awkward but because I have no idea how? If you can advise I can have a go. In all honesty I dont pay too much attention as I dont get the FIT or Export tarrif. It's too depressing lol...

My concern is that if you are not discharging your batteries overnight during the summer period then you will gain nothing by adding more. We need to see the data before giving any recommendations

My concern is that if you are not discharging your batteries overnight during the summer period then you will gain nothing by adding more. We need to see the data before giving any recommendations

Ah I see. Right. Adding more batteries would offer me more stored power for use at times when i need more. I.e instead of exporting once 1 set of batteries is full then the next charges and so on. Then when discharge starts one will remain full or at least part charged and eventually I will be able to get as much off grid as possible.

Do you think it's possible. I worked in my head before. Not sure anymore... internet research is sometimes not a good idea...
[automerge]1573067298[/automerge]
Ah I see. Right. Adding more batteries would offer me more stored power for use at times when i need more. I.e instead of exporting once 1 set of batteries is full then the next charges and so on. Then when discharge starts one will remain full or at least part charged and eventually I will be able to get as much off grid as possible.

Do you think it's possible. I worked in my head before. Not sure anymore... internet research is sometimes not a good idea...

Where do I find the data.. any ideas

Reply to Charge controller question... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net